← Volver a ofertas
About Quantum Technologies
The Nitrogen Vacancy (NV) centers in diamond have electron spin which can be optically addressed and are becoming prime hardware candidates for solid state-based applications in quantum information, computing and metrology. Currently, there is a rapid development of technologies based on the accurate control of quantum physical properties that will deeply impact our society with disruptive quantum technologies and new applications. The potential impact of the project is far-reaching, where the candidate will carry out the research and development work. During this PhD work, the candidate will have the opportunity to acquire broad skills on quantum technology, optics, photonics, CMOS-technology, nano-fabrication, multiphysics simulation, etc.
The applicant should have a background in Experimental Physics, Engineering, or another related field with experience in condensed matter physics, optics, photonics and/or microelectronics Experience in electronics and programming is desirable. You must have the physical ability to work in a laboratory environment. Excellent communication and team working skills are essential.
We are looking forward to receiving your application (CV, motivation letter). Reference letters to support your application would be welcome.
Your main tasks
- Upgrade of a quantum diamond microscope (QDM)
- Characterization of magnetic sensing/imaging via CW and pulsed ODMR techniques and optimization of the sensitivity.
- Design and implementation of NV-CMOS integrated quantum sensor, along with the design and modelling of the on-chip initialization and readout for ODMR.
- Presentation of scientific results in international conferences, writing technical documentation and scientific publications, etc.
- Writing of a PhD thesis with the results of your research.
The candidate will be working in a dynamic and multidisciplinary team of physicists and engineers at Gradiant with research stays at high-level university groups in Quantum Photonics, where they will have the chance to complete a PhD project to achieve the degree of Doctor.
Gradiant offers excellent quantum optics laboratory infrastructure with an extraordinary variety of equipment and the support of a highly qualified team of physicists and engineers, and access to all relevant design and simulation software.
What we want from you
- MSc degree (or equivalent) in Physics, Nanotechnology, Electronics or other related subjects.
- Highly motivated and interested in developing novel integrated quantum technologies based on point defects in diamond for applications in real-world problems.
- Good understanding of condensed matter physics and previous experience in quantum sensing, integrated photonics and/or CMOS technology would be an advantage
- Laboratory experience with optical systems would be desirable
- High commitment and work autonomy.
- Open to work closely with a team of quantum physicists and engineers.
- Strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English level.
What we offer
🏖️ 23 days of holidays + your birthday + 24th and 31st of December, you will have 26 days of holidays!
🤪#TroulaDays What's this? At Gradiant you'll be able to choose one Friday off a month, so you can switch off and enjoy a longer weekend.
👩🏻💻 Teleworking and office. Decide how and when you want to work with your team to strike a balance.
📙 Personal training budget. We want to help you improve your technical skills, feel involved in the tech community and develop your soft skills to lead teams and/or lead projects.
💻 We will provide you with all the necessary equipment so that you can work comfortably.
🎁 Welcome Pack
💰 Flexible salary. Today, we offer various services through flexible pay, restaurant vouchers, childcare, transport, medical insurance...
⚖️ Work-life balance. Your work-life balance is really important to us.
👕 Our culture is our goal: a working environment where horizontal communication is our maxim.
🌟Continuous training. We like to exchange knowledge, so we offer internal training courses in which you can participate as an assistant or driver!
🍏Coming to the office has endless advantages, including enjoying fresh fruit and a good coffee with your colleagues every day.
🏫Do you need to improve your English? You will have the possibility to take English classes if your duties require it.
Find out more about Gradiant
At Gradiant we work to incorporate ICT into the processes and products of companies. We develop technological solutions from the point of view of connectivity, intelligence and security to work hand in hand with the industry around us.
Our values are underpinned by a horizontal organisation, where teamwork allows us to build an inclusive and respectful workplace, where each member of the group freely uses their experience and expertise to carry out quality and creative work.
We love what we do! We believe in technology as a source of progress and in creativity as a fundamental value for technological development. Adding value through innovation is one of our fundamental pillars to increase your competitiveness through digital transformation.
We will positively assess applications from people with a certificate of disability equal to or greater than 33%, in compliance with current legislation, the General Law on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and their social inclusion (LGD)